Thursday, May 10, 2012

No Mas

This is an open letter to all Nepalis (specifically, those who have my contact info),

Do not ask me to help you / your brother / your boss / your friend get a visa. I have no authority to issue visas and it is inappropriate for me to involve myself in consular decisions. Similarly, do not ask my staff to help you  / your brother / your boss / your friend get a visa.

If you / your brother / your boss / your friend applies for a visa and is rejected, do not send me a text message late at night telling me how unfair it is. There is nothing I can do about it and such a text message will only piss me off. You / your brother / your boss / your friend is not the first person to be upset about not getting a visa so do not expect special treatment from me.

I feel better now.

No comments: