Sunday, July 7, 2013

Telecommuting in Kabul

Until recently, I was able to get out quite a bit and visit my grantees and their project sites. Not anymore. The start of the summer fighting season, new embassy procedures (whereby Secretary Kerry himself needs to approve my attendance at a ribbon cutting ceremony at a school), and an understandably - but still frustratingly - skittish leadership have made getting out of the embassy much more difficult these days.

This makes me feel like I am not expected (or allowed) to do my job well. As long as the paperwork is in order. So why am I telecommuting in Kabul when I could be telecommuting from DC?

1 comment:

Mom said...

Everyone here who is holding collective breath until you get stateside is in agreement. Come on home and fire up your laptop from the patio.